Color Corrector Filter
- Select the clip you want to color correct, Go to the Effects drop down Menu and go to the video filters and from the Color Correction sum menu choose color corrector filter.
- Once applied you will now see a color corrector tab, Click on this tab to see graphically controlled tools that we will be using to make adjustment.
- When center of color balance has a dot it represents a pure white. While the colors are located on the outside of the wheel. The more you drag the dot from the center towards the edge the greater the saturation.
- To slow down he adjustment press shift and drag the dot towards the edge of the circle. To speed u the adjustment hold the command button and drag the dot towards the edge of the color balance circle
you can adjust the hue by clicking on the outer edge and rotate the dial to do this. If you don’t like the hue you have just set click on the reset button on the bottom right corner.
Other Color correction tools are Levels and Saturation sliders
Example moving the white slider adjusts the white levels. Changing the mids slider will change the midtones
You can create a grayscale image by moving the saturation slider to the left.
Color Corrector 3-Way Filter
The Color Corrector 3-Way can solve many problems.
Make sure your range check is on for both luminance and saturation and view things on a broadcast monitor if possible.
- If needed, rebalance the image by sampling with the eyedropper.
- Adjust the White slider. Slide it slowly to the right until your red zebra stripes disappear.
- Slide to the Mids slider to adjust the exposure.
- Roll the Black slider in to the Right to restore contrast.
- Re-adjust the White, then Mids if needed.
- Roll a little Saturation in (or out) to taste.